QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) NFQ Level 5
This is a one year full-time Post Leaving Certificate course to prepare students for employment in the property management sector and for progression to further study. Property management and the rental / letting sector is a growth area in Ireland.
By the end of the year, students will have clear understanding of the procedures and legislation involved in the rental market including property standards, registration, finance, the day-to-day running of property, the Residential Tenancies Act 2004, building energy rates and taxation.
Students will also have an understanding of a comprehensive range of modern business functions such as Information Technology, Economics and Law.
As part of the course, students are required to gain practical experience by working for two weeks in a property-related environment.
- Property Management
- Business Administration
- Applied Economics
- Business Law
- Estate Agency Practice
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
Ballsbridge College of FE – Advanced Certificate in Auctioneering and Property Services (successful graduates are eligible to apply for PRSA licence)
- TU Dublin -BSc (Hons) Surveying (Property Economics) -TU 836
- TU Dublin- BSc (Ord) Auctioneering, Valuation & Estate Management- TU 731
- LIT -BSc (Hons) Real Estate (Prop. Val & Mgt) – LC242
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
- ITT/IPAV – Higher certificate in Real Estate: Valuation Sale & Management (120 ECTS)
- IT Sligo/SCSI – Higher Certificate in Property Services and Facilities Management
- Heriot -Watt, Scotland BSc (Hons) Urban Planning and Property Development-K490
What our graduates say:
“A hidden gem of a college for studying property management. Fantastic lecturers with real industy experience and who are patient and enthusiastic with school leavers and mature students. The small student numbers creates a friendly atmosphere every day. There are great networking opportunities with visitng speakers and intern opportunties”
Martine Leben, Propery Management graduate 2012
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.