QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
This is a well-established one year full-time Post Leaving Certificate course developed in conjunction with the Irish Auctioneers & Valuers Institute (IAVI). The course provides a solid introduction to Auctioneering. By the end of the year, students will be equipped with key Auctioneering and Estate Agency skills, as well as an understanding of a comprehensive range of modern business functions such as Information Technology, Economics and Law. As part of the course, students are required to gain practical experience by working for two weeks in a property-related environment.
- Estate Agency Practice
- Business Administration
- Business Law
- Word Processing
- Applied Economics
- Work Experience
*There will be an additional charge to cover exam entry for students taking ECDL
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
- DIT -BSc (Hons) Property Economics (Val survey) -DT110
- DIT- BSc (Ord) Auctioneering, Valuation & Estate Management- DT104
- LIT -BSc (Hons) Real Estate (Prop. Val & Mgt) -LC242
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees.
- Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
- ITT/IPAV – Higher Certificate in Real Estate: Valuation Sale & Management (120 ECTS)
- College of Estate Management-Dip. Surveying Practice
- DIT-BSc (Hons) Property Studies (with a Level 6 Exit Award after Year 2)
- Heriot -Watt, Scotland BSc( Hons) Planning and Property Development K490
What our graduates students say:
“Ballsbridge College has a personal interest in all its students that I found remarkable. The lecturers on my course were diligent, passionate, practical and enthusiastic about their subjects and extremely generous with their time. My experience in Ballsbridge College has given me the courage and motivation to purse my goals not only in education but in life also. I highly recommend the Auctioneering Estate Agency and Valuation course in Ballsbridge College for anyone interested in a career in the property industry.“
Richard Donovan Auctioneering, Estate Agency & Valuation Graduate 2015, progressed to Property Economics, DIT
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.