QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
This is a well-established one year full-time Post Leaving Certificate course developed in conjunction with the Irish Auctioneers & Valuers Institute (IAVI). The course provides a solid introduction to Auctioneering. By the end of the year, students will be equipped with key Auctioneering and Estate Agency skills, as well as an understanding of a comprehensive range of modern business functions such as Information Technology, Economics and Law. As part of the course, students are required to gain practical experience by working for two weeks in a property-related environment.
- Estate Agency Practice
- Business Administration
- Business Law
- Word Processing
- Applied Economics
- Work Experience
*There will be an additional charge to cover exam entry for students taking ECDL
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- DIT – BSc (Hons) Property Economics (Val Survey) DT110
- DIT – BSc (Ord) Auctioneering, Val & Estate Agency DT104
- LIT – BSc (Hons) Real Estate (Prop Val & Mgt) LC481
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/About_PDF/BCFE_Webpage_201610.pdf
– Part-time Courses:
- IAVI – BSc Residential & Land Agency (with exemptions)
- ITT/IPAV – Higher Certificate in Real Estate: Valuation Sale & Management (120 ECTS)
- College of Estate Management – Dip Surveying Practice
- Graduates may progress into Year 1 of the Institute of Public Administration‘s (IPA) part-time, NUI-accredited, Diploma in Business Studies or Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) and can also avail of additional subject exemptions. Visit the Institute of Public Administration website or contact the IPA directly for further details.
– Overseas Links:
- Heriot-Watt University, Scotland – BSc (Hons) Real Estate Management K290
- Heriot-Watt University, Scotland – BSc (Hons) Planning and Property Development K490
What our graduates students say:
“I would highly recommend Ballsbridge College to any school leaver who wishes to continue on to further third level education. So far I have experienced excellent tuition from a very committed and helpful teaching staff. The subjects taught are very stimulating and ideal for students should they wish to continue on to third level.” – Thomas Blake, Auctioneering, Estate Agency and Valuation student, 2011
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.