QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
Ballsbridge College has been providing a course in English as a Foreign Language for over twelve years. During this time the course has expanded to facilitate students with differing levels of English and has become an integral part of the college. It attracts students from all over the world and from many different cultures and backgrounds. All the students have the desire to learn English in a dynamic environment, on a course that combines English language with the study of business and computers. Many students have used these qualifications to help them secure employment here in Ireland.
- English as a Foreign Language
- Business Administration
- Marketing Practice
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Intercultural Studies
- The Internet
Higher Education Links:
A significant number of students use this course as a foundation English Language course before continuing to further courses at degree and post-degree level
University of Cambridge Awards*:
- First Certificate in English
- Certificate in Advanced English
- Certificate in Proficiency
- Cambridge Business English Certificates
Students are entered for the certificate most appropriate to their level of English.
*There will be an additional charge to cover exam entry for students taking these exams.
- Applicants must have at least a lower intermediate standard of English to facilitate learning through the medium of English.
- Applicants will be required to take an assessment to determine their level of competence in English so that they can be placed in a class most appropriate for them.
- Applicants are also required to complete a course application form available from the college.
- All applicants must have fully complied with any necessary residence requirements pertaining at the time of application.
- The International Students Information Document available from the college gives further details.
HIgher Education Links
A significant number of students use this course as a foundation English Language course before continuing to further courses at degree and post-graduate level.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- Graduates may use their qualifications to apply for a place in a variety of Higher Education Institutions. For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
What our students say about the course
“ The atmosphere in the College is excellent. The lecturers all know you by name so you consider yourself to be more than just a student number on an exam script. I have learnt that I am smart, determined and capable of clear thinking and I also have more self confidence now. Everyone is friendly and there is a great college spirit”.”
Nataliya Clark – EFL and Business Communications graduate 2011
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.