QQI Advanced Certificate in Business – NFQ Level 6
CELT (Certificate in English Language Teaching)
Ballsbridge College of Further Education is one of the leading providers of daytime and evening courses in English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) in Dublin. The College offers QQI certification and prepares students for the Cambridge suite of examinations including the First Certificate (FE) and the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). Training is also provided for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Accordingly the College is well equipped with the resources and expertise to provide quality training in TEFL. Teachers of EFL are in constant demand both in Ireland and throughout the world. In addition here are many opportunities for teaching adults and children from other countries now resident in Ireland.
The key elements of TEFL are:
- An introduction to English Language Teaching
- The four skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
- Teaching Practice
- Teaching, Monitoring and Evaluation
- The EFL section of the course is 120 hours.
- Teaching practice is mandatory and organised by the College.
- The course also provides Business Management Training to prepare participants for administration work in Language Schools.
In respect of non- native speaker applicants, evidence will be required that they are of a C1 English Language Level (Council of Europe Language Level Criteria), or Advanced aspiring to Proficiency.
- TOEFL – QQI Certificate*
- Business Management -Level 6
- Marketing Management- Level 6
- Sales Presentations-Level 6
- Financial Reporting – Level 6
- Business Law
- Spreadsheets Level 6
- Communications Level 6
- Work Placement Level 6
- Entry Requirements
Awarding Body 1: QQI
Award Title 1: TOEFL Certificate (TOEFL)*
Awarding Body 2: QQI
Award Title 2: Advanced Certificate in Business (6M4985), Level 6-further education and training
*The QQI CELT (Certificate in English Language Teaching) has been replaced by the QQI Certificate in TESOL – a Special Purpose Award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) at Level 7. Therefore, the delivery of this course in Ballsbridge College in September 2022 is subject to our proposed course being validated by QQI.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
What our graduates say
” My time in Ballsbridge College studying on the TEFL course was extremely positive. All of the teachers were very supportive. I was a little nervous of the IT elements of the course but again I received great support and guidance from the teachers. I had previously had a negative experience of education but I found Ballsbridge College warm and welcoming and as such I have decided to return to study Italian in the College’s Night School, while also working as a TEFL teacher and German language interpreter.”
Claire Hennig: TEFL graduate 2021
“As a TEFL student, my love for both English and different cultures has been effectively united. When I qualify as a TEFL teacher I will have an exciting and useful tool to add to my skill-set”
Denise Kennedy – TEFL graduate 2012
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.