QQI Advanced Certificate in Business – NFQ Level 6
CELT (Certificate in English Language Teaching)
Ballsbridge College of Further Education is one of the leading providers of daytime and evening courses in English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) in Dublin. The College offers QQI certification and prepares students for the Cambridge suite of examinations including the First Certificate (FE) and the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). Training is also provided for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Accordingly the College is well equipped with the resources and expertise to provide quality training in TEFL. Teachers of EFL are in constant demand both in Ireland and throughout the world. In addition here are many opportunities for teaching adults and children from other countries now resident in Ireland.
This course is recognised by the Accreditation and Co-ordination of English Language Services (ACELS – QQI), the regulatory body for TEFL teaching in Ireland working under the aegis of the Department of Education & Skills. The course provides students with a professional set of management, business as well as TEFL skills.
The key elements of TEFL are:
- An introduction to English Language Teaching
- The four skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
- Teaching Practice
- Teaching, Monitoring and Evaluation
- The EFL section of the course is 120 hours.
- Teaching practice is mandatory and organised by the College.
- The course also provides Business Management Training to prepare participants for administration work in Language Schools.
In respect of non- native speaker applicants, evidence will be required that they are of a C1 English Language Level (Council of Europe Language Level Criteria), or Advanced aspiring to Proficiency.
- TEFL – QQI CELT Certificate
- Business Management -Level 6
- Marketing Management- Level 6
- Sales Presentations-Level 6
- Computerised Accounts – Level 6
- Business Law
- Spreadsheets Level 6
- Communications Level 6
- Work Placement Level 6
- Entry Requirements
Awarding Body 1: QQI
Award Title 1: QQI CELT (Certificate in English Language Teaching)
Award Title 2: Advanced Certificate in Business (6M4985), Level 6-further education and training
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
What our graduates say
“As a TEFL student, my love for both English and different cultures has been effectively united. When I qualifiy as a TEFL teacher I will have an exciting and useful tool to add to my skill-set”
Denise Kennedy – TEFL graduate 2012
The QQI CELT (Certificate in English Language Teaching) has recently been placed at level 7 Special Purpose Award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) as a Special Purpose Award at Level 7. Therefore, the delivery of this course in Ballsbridge College in September 2019 is subject to our proposed course being validated by QQI.
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.