QQI Certificate in Education and Training (5M3635) – NFQLevel 5
The course is aimed at learners who are considering a career in variety of education contexts including adult education, workplace-based, community education and training/learning and development. This course offers such learners an opportunity to gain an understanding of the teaching profession and its practices Learners will gain a wide understanding of educational systems and teaching practices in Ireland and will examine key educational issues including the social influences surrounding how people learn and the potential barriers to learning. .
Learners will study a strong core of foundation modules in education and in their own personal development as an educator.
- Concepts in Education and Training
- Training and Development Contexts
- Interpersonal and Group Behaviour
- Research and Study Skills
- Social Studies
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
Awarding Body QQI
Award Title Certificate in Education and Training
Award Code 5M3635
Level 5-further education and training
Please note the above course descriptor is subject to change.
Higher Education Links:
Graduates may use their qualifications to apply for a place in a variety of Higher Education Institutions. For information on all relevant higher education links visit www.qqi.ie, www.cao.ie and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, applications processes and scoring systems with the Admission Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit www.cao.ie
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- Maynooth University – Think about Teaching Foundation course
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme