QQI Award – NFQ Level 6 (6M4985)
This course provides learners with the opportunity to apply the study of human behaviour to the specific context of the work environment.
The course allows learners to examine management and employee working styles and workgroup dynamics to see how they can function together to improve workplace productivity. Learners will develop the competencies and skills to properly manage and understand the importance of creating a workable relationship between managers and employees to enhance business growth and performance.
Learners will apply psychological principles and research techniques to identify and solve problems in the workplace and will develop skills to address workplace conflict when it arises and to ensure swift and effectively.
This course offers great employment potential in the area of management in both -for profit and -not for profit organisations.
- QQI Level 5 Qualification or equivalent
- Appropriate Work Experience
- Business Management –Level 6
- Group Work Theory and Practice – Level 6
- Leadership – Level 6
- Human Resource Management – Level 6
- Psychology of People – Level 5
- Employment Law – Level 62
- Spreadsheets – Level 6
- Work Experience – Level 6
Students will participate in a work-based training programme and undertake relevant work experience for one to two full days per week.
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
- UCD – BSc (Hons) Psychology – DN720
- NCI – BA (Hons) Human Resource Management – NC005
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Ord)Entrepreneurship –DL701
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship & Management -DL823.
Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of the Business Degree Course (subject to interview)
- NCI- BA (Hons) Business- NC009
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (6M4985) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in TU Dublin.