QQI Certificate in Community Health Services (5M4468) – NFQ Level 5
Crime, criminal justice and the operation of the penal system are subjects of serious concern in any society. Students on this course study the causes of crime, the different types of crime and the criminal justice system in Ireland. Criminal motivation and the underlying societal causes of crime are examined. Professional state organisations and privately-owned companies are looking for potential candidates who can demonstrate an interest and a proven ability to work in social and community care and in criminology.
Upon successful completion of the year, your QQI qualification will allow you to seek employment in the following areas:
- The Garda Reserve
- An Garda Síochána
- Social Work
- Community Care
- The Courts / Probation Service
- The Legal Profession
- The Security & Surveillance Industry … and other related areas.
- Social Studies
- Criminal Law
- Legal Practice and Procedures
- Media Analysis
- Human Growth and Development
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
- Safety and Health at Work
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- UCC- BA (Hons) Criminology- CK113
- DIT- BA(Hons) Social Care -DT571
- UCD – BSc Social Science –DN700
- UCD –BSoc Sc Social Science -DN750
- UCD- B Law – DN600
- Maynooth University -Social Science -MH107
- Maynooth University – BCL Law (4 options including Criminology & Law) – MH502
- ITT – BA Social Care Practice -TA025
- Blanchardstown IT – BA (Hons) Social & Community Development – BN115
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M4468) to a range of WIT degrees.
- Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
– Overseas Courses:
- Bucks University – BA (Hons) Criminology M930
What our students say about the course:
I got accepted to The Hague University of Applied Science’s to study International & European Law. It’s a four year degree with a brilliant programme and it is taught through English. I would like to thank the staff of Ballsbridge College who helped me get my QQI award. It was on the basis of my QQI results that I was accepted to The Hague University”.
Kirsten O’Connell, Criminology and Social Studies graduate 2016, progressed to International & European Law, The Hague University of Applied Science
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.