QQI Certificate in Community Development (6M3674) – NFQ Level 6
Community Development organisations in Ireland make a valuable contribution to the achievement of social change, equality and social justice. Community development workers have been presented with a number of opportunities and challenges over the recent years by the rapidly changing social context of Ireland including work with new communities, migrant workers and refugees; combating racism; and challenging the persistence of other social and economic inequalities.
Community development seeks to empower communities and works across a range of services including information and advice, counseling, advocacy and support and targets an equally diverse range of people and areas of interest.
This course will equip learners with the range of skills and knowledge to implement and deliver community development programmes that adhere to the key community development principles of participation, empowerment and collective decision making in a structured and co-ordinated way.
QQI Level 5 qualification or equivalent OR appropriate work experience
- Community Development Practice –Level 6
- Community Development Theory – Level 6
- Group Work Theory and Practice – Level 6
- Strategic Planning – Level 6
- Supervisory Skills – Level 6
- Social Analysis – Level 6
- Communications – Level 6
- Work Placement – Level 6
(A process of national programme development is currently underway in the Further Education sector. Please note the above course descriptor is subject to change.
- IT Blanchardstown – BA (Hons) Community and Youth Development- BN115
- UCD – BSc Social Science –DN700
- UCD- BSocSc Social Policy & Sociology – DN750
- Maynooth University – BA (Hons)Community & Youth Work – MH116
- Maynooth University – BA (Hons) Community & Youth Work – MH802 (part-time)
- UCC -BSoc Sc (Hons) Youth & Community Work – CK114(mature students only)
- Carlow College – BA (Hons) Social, Political and Community Studies – PC405
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (6M3674) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.