QQI Certificate in Community Health Services (5M4468) – NFQ Level 5
Psychology is the scientific investigation of behaviour and mental processes. It aims to study how a person thinks, feels and acts in any social situation. The main emphasis is on the individual and how they can affect and be affected by social contact with other parties.
Applied Psychology avails of general psychological principles and theories and uses them to investigate problems in the area of business management, product design, ergonomics, law, health and mental health.
To do this, Applied Psychologists use a range of measurement techniques. These include observation, case studies, psychometric tests, surveys and experiments.
This foundation course aims to give participants an introduction to the core theories and methodologies of psychology and prepare them for further study at third level.
In addition, this course lays the foundation for a wide variety of ‘people-focused’ careers in social research, environmental psychology, marketing and human resource management.
- Behavioural Studies
- Human Growth & Development
- Social Studies
- Personal Effectiveness
- Safety & Health at Work
- Work Experience
Higher Education Links
Graduates may use their qualifications to apply for a place in a variety of Higher Education Institutions. For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BSC (Hons) in Applied Psychology – DL825
- NCI – BA(Hons) Psychology- NC010 (self- funded course, fees apply)
- Athlone IT – BA (Hons) Applied Psychology – AL870 (require LCE Maths O5/H7)
- UCD – BSc (Hons) Psychology – DN720
- UCD – BSc Social Science –DN700
- UCD – B SocSc Social Policy & Sociology –DN750
- UCC- BA(Hons) Applied Psychology- CK106
- Maynooth University – Arts – MH101
- Maynooth University- Social Science –MH107
- WIT – BA (Hons) Psychology- WD163. Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M4468) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
What our students say about the course:
“Having completed my certificate in Applied Psychology at Ballsbridge College I am now studying for my degree at UCD. The guidance and support from the college staff and the fun learning environment made the transition to third level very easy and I’ll never forget the experience or friendships I made. I would recommend any mature student planning on returning to third level education to make Ballsbridge College their first stop.”
Cathy Kavanagh – 2010 graduate, studied Psychology at UCD – Mature student entry
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.