QQI Certificate in Marketing (5M2069) – NFQ Level 5
This well-established course is ideally suited to the student who wishes to pursue a career in the marketing or advertising sectors. The key modules of Marketing, Advertising and Behavioural Studies, combined with core business and IT (Information Technology) Skills, prepare the student for immediate entry into the workplace or for progression to further study.
Marketing students participate in a very successful work experience programme focused on the marketing and advertising industry. This insight into marketing and advertising allows the marketing student to make well-informed career decisions. By the end of the year, marketing students have a unique set of key marketing skills and experience.
Students can use their qualification to continue their studies in higher education or to commence a rewarding and successful career in marketing and advertising.
With employers looking for creativity, innovation and vision, the marketing graduate is well placed to meet their needs. A variety of career opportunities await the graduate in areas such as Marketing Analysis, Market Research, Sales and Customer Services.
- Marketing Practice
- Behavioural Studies
- Digital Marketing
- Accounting – Manual and Computerised
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- DCU-BSc (Hons) Marketing, Innovation and Technology –DC240
- DCU-BA (Hons) Business Studies -DC111
- DIT – BSc (Hons) Marketing – DT341
- DIT – Higher Certificate Marketing – DT303
- ITT – BBus ( Ord ) Marketing – TA114
- ITT -BA (Ord) Advertising & Marketing Communications -TA014 – portfolio required
- ITT – BBus (Hons) Advertising & Marketing Communications- TA023
- UCD- B Business & Law – DN610 (require LCE Maths O3/H6)
- NCI – BA Marketing Practice- NC020
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2069) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
What our graduates say about the course:
“The course has enabled me to focus on my career path. It has given me the chance to make some great friends and I have learnt a lot from the teachers, who go out of their way to help you. I have also been given an amazing opportunity to travel to Amsterdam on the college’s international work placement programme.”
Pamela Marsh, Marketing, Advertising and Management graduate
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.