QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
This course is designed for those students who wish to develop their knowledge of Human Resource theories and applications. It will lead to employment opportunities in recruitment and personnel departments in a wide variety of companies. Successful graduates of this course can use their QQI This certificate can be used to progress to higher level studies in the Higher Education Institutes.
Most major companies have a Human Resources department. Smaller companies usually have an employee whose job is to look after HR issues such as recruitment, staff training and development, labour law, the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees and other general Industrial Relations issues. This course offers an introduction to each of these areas and so leaves the student informed and skilled when applying for related company positions.
- Human Resources
- Accounting- Manual and Computerised
- Business Law
- Business Administration
- Marketing Practice
- Digital Marketing
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- NCI – BA (Hons) Human Resource Management – NC005
- NCI– BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance – NC022
- NCI – BA(Hons) Business – NC009
- UCD – BCommerce (Hons) DN015 (requires LC Maths HD3/OB3)
- Athlone IT – BA (Hons) Business Psychology-AL854
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees.Please see https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/About_PDF/BCFE_Webpage_201610.pdf
– Part-time Courses:
- Graduates may progress into Year 1 of the Institute of Public Administration‘s (IPA) part-time, NUI-accredited, Diploma in Business Studies or Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) and can also avail of additional subject exemptions. Visit the Institute of Public Administration website or contact the IPA directly for further details.
- Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in ITT.
What our graduates say about the course:
“As a mature student returning to education, I have thoroughly enjoyed the HRM course. Through the diversity of the course modules, the practical elements, the application of the work experience and the support and expertise of the teachers, I have gained an excellent basis which is relevant to the Human Resources sector.”
Rachel Treanor- Human Resources Management graduate, 2010
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.