QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
This course is designed for those students who wish to develop their knowledge of Human Resource theories and applications. It will lead to employment opportunities in recruitment and personnel departments in a wide variety of companies. Successful graduates of this course can use their QQI This certificate can be used to progress to higher level studies in the Higher Education Institutes.
Most major companies have a Human Resources department. Smaller companies usually have an employee whose job is to look after HR issues such as recruitment, staff training and development, labour law, the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees and other general Industrial Relations issues. This course offers an introduction to each of these areas and so leaves the student informed and skilled when applying for related company positions.
- Human Resources
- Behavioural Studies
- Accounting- Manual and Computerised
- Business Law
- Business Administration
- Marketing Practice
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- NCI – BA (Hons) Human Resource Management – NC005
- NCI– BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance – NC022
- NCI – BA(Hons) Business – NC009
- UCD – BCommerce (Hons) DN650 (requires LCE Maths O2/H6)
- UCD – BSc Social Science – DN700
- UCD- B Business & Law – DN610 (require LCE Maths O2/H6)
- UCD – BSc (Hons) Psychology – DN720
- UCD- B Law – DN600
- Maynooth University Accounting & Finance – (require LCE Maths O4/H7)
- Athlone IT – BA (Hons) Business Psychology-AL854
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
- Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in ITT.
What our graduates say about the course:
“The staff within the College are true professionals in what they do and at the same time they manage a friendly environment with the student, ensuring certainty and understanding is with each one as the different modules are completed. There is also a vast base of support for the individual which I was very impressed by; from the councillor to the course tutor, everyone around you just wants to see you do well!
I learned a lot and met many interesting and exciting people in my time in the college, all of which helped me to grow and develop to become who I am today.”
Paddy Nutley, Human Resource graduate 2012, progressed to Human Resource Management, NCI
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.