QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
The Events industry is a rapidly growing sector in Ireland and abroad. Demand for professional event managers has increased as organisations seek to engage with their customers and other key stakeholders in more innovative ways.
This course offers students the opportunity to develop the necessary skills and appropriate knowledge to prepare for careers in this specialised sector of the marketing industry. It also concentrates on developing skills in public relations, organisation, planning, IT and time management.
This course also provides a foundation in business, internet and communication. as well as a background in public relations and marketing. It will provide the student with the opportunity to showcase all the knowledge and skills learnt during the course through the planning, preparation and production a real life event.
- Event Production
- Marketing Practice
- Media Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness
- Business Administration
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Safety & Health at Work
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- DIT- BBus (Hons) Event Management -DT413
- IADT Dun Laoghaire-BA (Hons) Business and Art Management –DL822
- GMIT- BBus (Ord) Event Management with Public Relations -GA376
- NCI- BA (Hons) Marketing Practice — NC020
- NCI- BA(Hons) Business- NC103
- ITT-BA (Ord) Advertising & Marketing Communications (TA014)- portfolio required
- ITT- BA(Ord) BBus Marketing -TA114
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
– Overseas Courses:
- Bucks University – BA (Hons) Event and Festival Management N821
Students with five merit grades may progress to Year 1 of this course
- Glasgow Caledonian – BA International Event Management 2H3U
What our graduates say about the course:
“From the very first day that I stepped inside Ballsbridge College, I loved every second of it. With the positive learning environment and the very helpful teachers and staff, I always felt I was supported when I had difficulties with a module or assignments.
I developed skills in Ballsbridge College that I believe helped me throughout my time in DIT such as report writing and the foundations of modules that I studied in more detail in DIT. I believe that Ballsbridge College was the first stepping stone for me to pursuing my career and passion in the events industry. I would recommend everyone to apply to Ballsbridge College of FE and to take their first step into pursuing their dream career.”
Jennifer Kelly Event Management graduate 2012, progressed to Event Management, DIT
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.