QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
The Events industry is a rapidly growing sector in Ireland and abroad. Demand for professional event managers has increased as organisations seek to engage with their customers and other key stakeholders in more innovative ways.
This course offers students the opportunity to develop the necessary skills and appropriate knowledge to prepare for careers in this specialised sector of the marketing industry. It also concentrates on developing skills in public relations, organisation, planning, IT and time management.
This course also provides a foundation in business, internet and communication. as well as a background in public relations and marketing. It will provide the student with the opportunity to showcase all the knowledge and skills learnt during the course through the planning, preparation and production a real life event.
- Event Production
- Marketing Practice
- Media Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness
- Business Administration
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Safety & Health at Work
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- DIT- BBus (Hons) Event Management -DT413
- IADT Dun Laoghaire-BA (Hons) Business and Art Management –DL822
- GMIT- BBus (Ord) Event Management with Public Relations -GA376
- NCI- BA (Hons) Marketing Practice — NC020
- NCI- BA(Hons) Business- NC103
- ITT-BA (Ord) Advertising & Marketing Communications (TA014)- portfolio required
- ITT- BA(Ord) BBus Marketing -TA114
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/About_PDF/BCFE_Webpage_201610.pdf
– Part-time Courses:
- Graduates may progress into Year 1 of the Institute of Public Administration‘s (IPA) part-time, NUI-accredited, Diploma in Business Studies or Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) and can also avail of additional subject exemptions. Visit the Institute of Public Administration website or contact the IPA directly for further details.
– Overseas Courses:
- Bucks University – BA (Hons) Event and Festival Management N821
Students with five merit grades may progress to Year 1 of this course
- Glasgow Caledonian – BA International Event Management 2H3U
What our graduates say about the course:
“This course gave me the skills and confidence to pursue a career as an Event Manager and to further my studies at University level. The college staff have a lot of time for the students and this encourages you to do well. If you are interested in Event Management this is a perfect stepping stone to becoming an Event Manager.”
Bettine McMahon – 2009 graduate, completed DIT’s Event Management degree programme.
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.