QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2069) – NFQ Level 5
Digital Marketing is one of the niche areas where the rising demand for skilled professionals consistently exceeds supply (Irish Internet Association, 2011). “Ireland’s digital economy is expected to be worth €21.1bn by 2020, making up some 10% of GDP and creating 150,000 much needed jobs within the country”(Ian Dodson, Director- DMI, Irish Examiner September 2014)
Marketing professionals are increasingly recognising the importance of online strategies in distributing products and services, reaching targeted consumers, building interactive relationship with customers, and having the ability to produce measurable results.
This course will equip students with internet and second generation webtool skills and knowledge.
Students will learn how to develop an integrated marketing approach, using both traditional and online techniques, to successfully market a business.
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Practice
- e-Business Studies
- Behavioural Studies
- Accounting – Manual and Computerised
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant higher education links visit www.qqi.ie , www.cao.ie and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, applications processes and scoring systems with the Admission Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit www.cao.ie
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- DCU- BSc. (Hons) Marketing, Innovation and Technology –DC240
- NCI- BA(Hons) Marketing Practice- NC020
- DIT – BSc (Hons) Marketing – DT341
- DIT – Higher Certificate Marketing – DT303
- ITT – BA (Ord) Digital Marketing – TA117
- ITT – BA (Hons) Advertising & Marketing Communications – TA023
- ITT – BA (Ord) Advertising & Marketing Communications – TA014 (portfolio required)
- ITT – BBus (Ord) Business Marketing – TA114
- ITB – BBus (Hons) Digital Marketing- BN119
- ITB – BBus Digital Marketing- BN040
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2069) to a range of WIT degrees.Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
- Dundalk IT – BA Digital Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
– Part-time Courses:
- Graduates may progress into Year 1 of the Institute of Public Administration‘s (IPA) part-time, NUI-accredited, Diploma in Business Studies or Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) and can also avail of additional subject exemptions. Visit the Institute of Public Administration website or contact the IPA directly for further details.
– Overseas Links:
- Students with a Merit/Distinction profile in their final results may gain entry into Year 2 of Honours Degree in Business Studies in Swansea Metropolitan University, Wales (www.smu.ac.uk/sbs)
What our graduates say…
“I really appreciated the supportive learning environment that I experienced during my time at Ballsbridge College. The college gave me a fantastic opportunity to learn the key concepts of business and I took part in the college’s overseas work placement programme to Amsterdam. My experience in the college prepared me extremely well for entry to higher education. I would not be in NCI if it were not for the productive year I spent in Ballsbridge College”
Richard Cross, 2009 graduate, studied Management Technology in Business at NCI
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.