QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
The contemporary business environment is every changing and heavily influenced by geopolitical, legal, economic, social and technological factors on both a national and international scale. Students on this course will be equipped with the relevant skills and knowledge to cope with the rapidly changing needs of the international business sector.
This course provides students with a solid grounding in general business and they will develop working competencies in key areas such as funds administration, accounting and economics. In addition, students will have the opportunity to study Mandarin language and Chinese culture.
- Accounting – Manual and Computerised
- Business Law
- Funds Administration
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Chinese Language (Mandarin) and Culture- Beginners Course
*The Chinese module on this course is delivered by Confucius Institute, UCD. It is not a QQI programme module.
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- DIT- BA Chinese and International Business – DT 565
- DIT – Higher Certificate in Business Studies -DT315
- DCU- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance – DC115 (require LC Maths 0C3)
- NCI- BA (Hons) Business – NC009
- NCI- Higher Certificate in Business – NC103
- 2UCD- BCommerce- DN650
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship –DL823
- IT Blanchardstown -BBus (Hons) Business -BN101
- IT Blanchardstown – BBus (Hons) International Business -BN110
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Management- TA122
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Accounting and Finance- TA121
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees.Please see https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/About_PDF/BCFE_Webpage_201610.pdf
– Part-time Courses:
- Graduates may progress into Year 1 of the Institute of Public Administration‘s (IPA) part-time, NUI-accredited, Diploma in Business Studies or Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) and can also avail of additional subject exemptions. Visit the Institute of Public Administration website or contact the IPA directly for further details.
- Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in ITT.
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.