QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
The contemporary business environment is every changing and heavily influenced by geopolitical, legal, economic, social and technological factors on both a national and international scale. Students on this course will be equipped with the relevant skills and knowledge to cope with the rapidly changing needs of the international business sector.
This course provides students with a solid grounding in general business and they will develop working competencies in key areas such as funds administration, accounting and economics. In addition, students will have the opportunity to study Mandarin language and Chinese culture.
- Accounting – Manual and Computerised
- Business Law
- Funds Administration
- Applied Economics
- Business Administration
- Work Experience
- Word Processing
- Chinese Language (Mandarin) and Culture- Beginners Course
*The Chinese language module on this course is delivered by Confucius Institute, UCD. It is not a QQI programme module.
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
- DIT- BA Chinese and International Business – DT565
- DIT – Higher Certificate in Business Studies -DT315
- DCU- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance – DC115 (require LCE Maths O4/H6)
- NCI- BA (Hons) Business – NC009
- NCI- Higher Certificate in Business – NC103
- NCI – BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems- NC004
- UCD- BCommerce- DN650 (requires LCE Maths O3/H6)
- UCD- B Business & Law – DN610 (require LCE Maths O3/H6)
- UCD- B Law – DN600
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship –DL823
- IT Blanchardstown -BBus (Hons) Business -BN101
- IT Blanchardstown – BBus (Hons) International Business -BN110
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Management- TA122
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Accounting & Finance- TA121
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
- Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in ITT.
What our graduates say:
After so many years out of education, I made the decision to go back and further my knowledge. After one year in Ballsbridge College of Further Education, I had the confidence to further my studies in NCI. The teachers in Ballsbridge College are very friendly and go out of their way to ensure your understanding of each subject, for which I am very appreciative.”
Stephen Dillon, Business Studies graduate 2012, progressed to Accounting in NCI