QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
This course is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in the financial services industry. Modules such as Funds Administration, Accounting, Business Law and Business Administration form the core of the course complemented by Information Technology modules.
Graduates of this course will be ideally suited to work in financial services institutions, accountancy firms, local government or the civil service, in addition to many other public and private sector organisations. This course provides students with excellent knowledge of the core principles and practices of business. It prepares graduates of this course for progression to further studies in this area.
- Funds Administration
- Business Administration
- Applied Economics
- Business Law
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
- DIT – B.Sc. Business and Management – DT365 (require LCE Maths O4/H7
- DCU- BBus (Hons) in Business Studies- DC111 (require LCE Maths O4/H6)
- DCU- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance – DC115 (require LCE Maths O4/H6)
- NCI- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance – NC022
- NCI – BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems (NC004)
- NCI – BA (Hons) Business Studies – NC009
- UCD- B Commerce (Hons) – DN650 (require LCE Maths O2/H6)
- UCD – BA Economics (Hons) – DN710
- UCD- B Business & Law – DN610 (require LCE Maths O2/H6)
- UCD- B Law – DN600
- Maynooth University: Accounting &Finance -MH403 (requires LCE Maths O4/H7)
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship &Management – DL823
- IT Blanchard town – BBus (Hons) Business -BN101
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Management- TA122
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Accounting & Finance- TA121
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
- Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in ITT.
I really enjoyed my year in Ballsbridge College of FE. It is a very warm and open college and I made lots of friends there. The teachers were very supportive and always willing to help you. The modules I studied on my course have provided a great foundation for my level 8 degree courses in Accounting and Finance and it is a great feeling to know that I can handle the coursework with confidence, thanks to my year in Ballsbridge College.
– Soliat Allison, Business Studies graduate 2017, currently studying Accounting and Finance at Dundalk IT