QQI Certificate in Business Studies (5M2102) – NFQ Level 5
This course is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in the financial services industry. Modules such as Funds Administration, Accounting, Business Law and Business Administration form the core of the course complemented by Information Technology modules.
Graduates of this course will be ideally suited to work in financial services institutions, accountancy firms, local government or the civil service, in addition to many other public and private sector organisations. This course provides students with excellent knowledge of the core principles and practices of business. It prepares graduates of this course for progression to further studies in this area.
- Funds Administration
- Business Administration
- Applied Economics
- Business Law
- Word Processing
- Work Experience
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses:
- DIT – Higher Certificate in Business Management- DT324
- DCU- BBus (Hons) in Business Studies- DC111 (require LC Maths 0C3/HD3)
- DCU- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance – DC115 (require LC Maths 0C3)
- NCI- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance – NC022
- UCD- B Commerce (Hons) – DN650
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship and Management – DL823
- IT Blanchard town – BBus (Hons) Business -BN101
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Management- TA122
- ITT- BBus (Hons) Accounting and Finance- TA121
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (5M2102) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/images/uploads/About_PDF/BCFE_Webpage_201610.pdf
– Part-time Courses:
- Graduates may progress into Year 1 of the Institute of Public Administration‘s (IPA) part-time, NUI-accredited, Diploma in Business Studies or Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons) and can also avail of additional subject exemptions. Visit the Institute of Public Administration website or contact the IPA directly for further details.
- Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in ITT.
After so many years out of education, I made the decision to go back and further my knowledge. After one year in Ballsbridge College of Further Education, I now have the confidence to further my studies furthermore in NCI. The teachers in Ballsbridge College were very friendly and go out of their way to ensure your understanding of each subject, for which I am very appreciative.”
– Stephen Dillon, 2012 Business Studies graduate, currently studying Accounting in NCI.
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficient enrolment a course may be cancelled.