QQI Advanced Certificate in Business – NFQ Level 6
Event Management is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Event Management includes management of personal events, leisure events, cultural events, religious events, corporate or organisation events. The special events industry has grown enormously in the last two decades
Progression links to relevant degree courses are also an option open to successful graduates. In particular, on completion of this course, students may apply for advanced entry into Year Two of the BSc Event Management (Honours) degree course in TU Dublin , subject to interview.
QQI Level 5 Qualification or equivalent or appropriate work experience
- Event Management –Level 6
- Business Management – Level 6
- Business Law – Level 6
- Marketing Management – Level 6
- Computerised Accounts – Level 6
- Spreadsheets – Level 6
- Communications – Level 6
- Work Placement – Level 6
(Students will participate on a work based training programme and undertake relevant work experience for 1 to 2 full days per week)
A process of national programme development is currently underway in the Further Education sector. Please note the above course descriptor is subject to change.
- Awarding Body – QQI
- Award Title – Advanced Certificate in Business
- Level – 6
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
- TU Dublin – BSc (Hons) Event Management –TU 954
- Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of the Event Management degree course (subject to interview)
- TU Dublin – International Hospitality Management- TU745
- Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of this course (subject to interview and relevant experience)
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Ord) Entrepreneurship -DL701
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship & Management -DL823
Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of the Business degree course (subject to interview)
- TU Dublin– BA (Hons) Advertising & Marketing Communications- TU 919
- TU Dublin- BBus Management – TU 774
- TU Dublin – BBus Marketing – TU 783
- Students may apply for entry into Year Two of the above courses. Interview required.
- NCI- BA (Hons) Business – NC009
- NCI- Ba (Hons) Marketing Practice – NC020
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (6M4985) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in TU Dublin.
“I am a mature student who wanted to go back to education. This course was the perfect stepping stone I needed to get myself back to learning. The course is exceptionally good and challenging with brilliant teachers who really engage you. The teachers cannot be praised enough for the work they do. If you want to go on third level, this course will really set you up and get you ready for the challenge ahead.”
Cain Kelly-graduate, progressed to Event Management at TU Dublin, advanced entry
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficent enrolment a course may be cancelled.