QQI Advanced Certificate in Business – NFQ Level 6
Event Management is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Event Management includes management of personal events, leisure events, cultural events, religious events, corporate or organisation events.
Graduates of this course can find employment in arts and music festivals coordination, corporate convention management, event coordination and management, exhibitions and special events, major sporting events and marketing, business administration and management associated with event management or marketing. Progression links to relevant degree courses are also an option open to succrssful graduates. In particular, on completion of this course, students may apply for advanced entry into Year Two of the BSc Event Management (Honours) degree course in DIT, subject to interview
QQI Level 5 Qualification or equivalent or appropriate work experience
- Event Management –Level 6
- Business Management – Level 6
- Business Law – Level 6
- Marketing Management – Level 6
- Computerised Accounts – Level 6
- Spreadsheets – Level 6
- Communications – Level 6
- Work Placement – Level 6
(Students will participate on a work based training programme and undertake relevant work experience for 1 to 2 full days per week)
A process of national programme development is currently underway in the Further Education sector. Please note the above course descriptor is subject to change.
- Awarding Body – QQI
- Award Title – Advanced Certificate in Business
- Level – 6
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
– Full-time Courses
- DIT – BSc (Hons) Event Management -DT413 – Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of the Event Management degree course (subject to interview)
- DIT – International Hospitality Management- DT401 – Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of this course (subject to interview and relevant experience)
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Ord) Entrepreneurship -DL701
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship and Management -DL823 – Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of the Business degree course (subject to interview)
- ITT – BA (Hons) Advertising & Marketing Communications- TA023
- ITT – BA Business in Management – TA113
- ITT – Higher Certificate in Business- Management BBus Business Marketing – TA10214 – Students may apply for entry into Year Two of the above courses. Interview required.
- NCI- BA (Hons) Business – NC009
- NCI- Ba (Hons) Marketing Practice – NC020
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (6M4985) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
– Part-time Courses:
- Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in ITT.
“I am a mature student who wanted to go back to education. This course was the perfect stepping stone I needed to get myself back to learning. The course is exceptionally good and challenging with brilliant teachers who really engage you. The teachers cannot be praised enough for the work they do. If you want to go on third level, this course will really set you up and get you ready for the challenge ahead.”
Cain Kelly-graduate 2012 progressed to Event Management at DIT, advanced entry
Disclaimer: The college reserves the right to make any alterations to any programme as might be required. Where there is insufficent enrolment a course may be cancelled.