QQI Advanced Certificate in Business – NFQ Level 6 (6M4985)
As companies continue to face the challenges of a competitive marketplace, they must invest in highly skilled and trained personnel in order to meet the demands that customers and competitors present. This course is suitable for the student who wishes to develop sophisticated management, selling and marketing techniques – skills which are very much sought after by both the large organisation and the small to medium enterprise alike.
In this course, modern business techniques are explored, leaving the graduate ready to enter the market with a wide range of expertise in various management, marketing and selling practices.
Students and adult learners, who have a flair for business, will find this course gives them an opportunity to build on their knowledge and experience and refine their skills so that at the end of the year they will have a set of professional management and business skills which will bring them into a career of their choice.
This course offers great employment potential in the area of management, professional sales and marketing, and the graduate will be able to avail of the job opportunities that exist in the market as companies continue to develop creative and innovative customer-based marketing and sales strategies.
- QQI Level 5 Qualification or equivalent
- Appropriate Work Experience
- Business Management – Level 6
- Business Law – Level 6
- Marketing Management – Level 6
- Computerised Accounts – Level 6
- Spreadsheets – Level 6
- Sales Presentation – Level 6
- Communications – Level 6
- Work Placement – Level 6
Students will participate in a work-based training programme and undertake relevant work experience for one to two full days per week.
Higher Education Links
For information on all relevant Higher Education Links visit www.qqi.ie (QQI), Higher Education Links Scheme (HELS), the Central Applications Office (CAO) and the websites of the relevant higher education institutions. Intending applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admissions Offices of the participating Higher Education Institutions or visit the CAO website.
Examples of Progression to Higher Education
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Ord)Entrepreneurship –DL701
- IADT Dun Laoghaire – BBus (Hons) Entrepreneurship & Management -DL823.
Students may apply for entry into Year 2 of the Business Degree Course (subject to interview)
- NCI- BA (Hons) Business- NC009
- UCD- B Business & Law – DN610 (require LCE Maths O2/H6)
- TU Dublin Higher Certificate in Marketing – TU 783
- TU Dublin – BBus Marketing – TU 783
- TU Dublin – BBus (Hons) Marketing Management- TU 923
- WIT – Ballsbridge College has a progression agreement with WIT linking this course’s QQI award (6M4985) to a range of WIT degrees. Please see https://www.wit.ie/future_students/fe_progression/further-education-progression-scheme
Graduates may apply for part-time Management, Accounting and Finance degree programmes in TU Dublin.
What our students say about the course:
After doing much research and attending some colleges’ Open Days and reading various written material such as the college prospectus I decided to enrol on the Advanced Business Studies (QQI level 6) course.
The lecturers in Ballsbridge College are extremely supportive and ready to lend a hand regarding any aspect of the course they are teaching.
I found that the course programme, with its mix of continuous assessment and end of term exams, more than prepared me for my studies in IADT. The skills I learnt in Ballsbridge College, such as assignment writing aided me in my studies in IADT.
Claire Ann Ferry, Advanced Business Graduate 2014, progressed to Business and Entrepreneurship, IADT