QQI Advanced Certificate in Auctioneering and Property Services – Level 6
The Auctioneering and Property Services Apprenticeship is a two-year ‘earn and learn’ programme, combining on-the-job training with academic study. It leads to an Advanced Certificate in Auctioneering and Property Services and allows apprentices to hit the ground running early in their career
The government-supported programme was developed by the CDETB in partnership with the Property Services industry. There are no course charges for the apprentice.
Apprentices spend four days a week in the workplace and attend college one day per week. They develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours necessary for a successful career in estate agency, property management and property letting. The apprentice is supported in the workplace by a mentor and a structured programme of on-the-job training and development.
Learners who successfully complete the apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for a Property Services Regulatory Authority (PSRA) licence which qualifies them to work in the sector.
- Leaving Certificate Grade 06/H7 or above in 5 leaving certificate subjects or equivalent OR
- A full QQI Level 5 or Level 6 Certificate in a Business Discipline of equivalent OR
- Other relevant experience/employment (3 years) having reached the age of 19. Adjudicated on a case by case basis.
Application is made through the college application system. Applicants will then be contacted for a CV and other documentation to allow for screening for eligibility.
Applicants who meet the criteria will be called for college interview.
If successful they are sent for interview with registered employers.
If an employer offers an applicant an apprenticeship, they are offered a place on the programme with a two year apprenticeship contract.
- Estate Agency Skills
- Estate Agency Practice
- Marketing & Customer Service
- Valuations 1
- Valuations 2
- Law for Property Services 1
- Economics for Property Services
- ICT for Property Services
- Professional Development
Award Stage (Year 2)
- Sales & Marketing
- Building Construction 1
- Building Construction 2
- Law for Property Services 2
- Property Management 1
- Property Management 2
- Professional Management Capstone
Awarding Body: QQI
Award Title: Advanced Certificate in Auctioneering and Property Services
Award Code: 6M20629
Level: 6 – further education and training
Learners who successfully complete the apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for a licence from the Property Service Regulatory Authority (PSRA).
Examples of Progression to Higher Education:
- TU Dublin BSc (Ord) Auctioneering, Valuation and Estate Agency (Full-time) TU 731. On completion of the apprenticeship programme, the learner would be eligible to apply to at least year 2 of this degree course.
- TU Dublin BSc (Hons) Property Economics (Full-time) TU 836. On completion of the apprenticeship programme, the learner would be eligible to apply to at least year 2 of this degree course.